From downfall35: Okay so five things that I associate with you. First one is obvious I think I'd be breaking some law if I didn't mention it.
1. Ben Browder
1. Ben Browder - Believe it or not it wasn't the pretty that caught my attention, nor has kept me around to fangirl happily over Ben for the past 8 years. He was the first actor to actually make me feel deeply for a character (John Crichton) enough to care what happens next and to know more and this has continued with whatever role he's portraying. I love to hear him talk about acting, about storytelling, anything really. The man is fucking smart. Needless to say I also find him extremely attractive but it's not just his looks that inspire it. (you'd be surprised who I find attractive and for the reasons why)
2. Family - I love them. They drive me absolutely mad.
3. Stargate - Daniel was my boy from the beginning when it was on Showtime but I was into the show for the pretty explosions and because I'd loved the original movie. Richard Dean Anderson was another reason I wanted to tune in because I was a huge MacGyver fan as a kid (it's because of him I can pick the lock on a pair of handcuffs with a bobby pin a skill that has actually come in handy more than a few times. :D) I'd stopped watching after it went to syndication (I no longer had Showtime) because the episodes were never in order and then it went to Skiffy and I didn't even try to get into it. There's actually more into why I didn't watch it but that's for another post I've been trying to finish. But it was Ben Browder joining the cast that brought me back and I started rewatching the show with a different perspective in how I watch television (I was older, wiser (ha!) and it was post-Farscape and I was watching everything anew pretty much. sounds cheesy but it's true.) and I definitely renewed my love for the show but with a happy bonus because this time I actually paid attention to the characters and their development over the course of the series.
4. Slash - The first time I read it (John/D'Argo) I was shocked, a little weirded out (I still got embarrassed reading John/Aeryn) and I was so freaking hooked...I couldn't stop reading it. Thinking about it's probably because I find it more beautiful that reading het. Not that het relationship is bad or anything, I just find that there are more possibilities emotionally with a m/m or f/f relationship.
5. Puppies - My babies make me happy and I just enjoy sharing that with folks.
(my apologies that these aren't very good. it's been a very trying day)