WRITER'S MEME: Sometimes it's ok to pimp yourself out. Post a list of the top five favorite fics you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
I've written a lot of fic over the past few years, a fair amount I still love for one reason or another. These are the ones that still give me warm fuzzies when I re-read them. I guess it goes without saying that all of these are for Farscape.
1. Caress - (John - ACoD - PG) This really is my very favorite piece despite it being so short for a few reasons. The way it sounds, the feel and the fact I personally think I really caught John at that moment when he offers Scorpius the wormhole knowledge after all that he'd been through to protect keep it from him.
2. Red - (Ensemble of sorts - G) Okay this one is a bit of a cheat. It had been an original piece inspired by a dream, but because of how much I loved it, I adapted it slightly to Farscape in order to post it to Kansas because I wanted to share it so badly. Yes, I'm a dork.
3. Souls Parted, Souls Met (aka The Luvfest) - (Scorpius/John - Prayer AU - PG-13) I love this because somehow I was able to create a new unrealized reality with Scorpius and John in a consensual relationship. The original bunny was caused by spoonishly and continued due to questions that kernezelda posed that led to this expanded universe. While it is slash story I actually focused more on the relationship than on smut and I'm damn proud of it. *g*
4. Quiet Storm - (John - PG) This one I find so beautiful. It was inspired by a frelling license plate for god's sake and it turned out to be one of the most atmospheric pieces I've ever written. I still want to continue this one day, but recapturing the same feeling is tough.
5. This Dream of Our Life (John & Chiana - Post PKwars - PG) This was another that was inspired from a dream. What you read in the story is almost exactly what happened within it and it drove me absolutely nuts until I wrote it down. I remember waking up and just feeling absolute pure sorrow and heartache as the dream played out.
Okay, I'm as bad as Liza and I'm going to add a couple bonus stories that I like. I just couldn't figure out which one to cut in order to get these in too. So I said to heck with it. :D
6. Phantasmagoria - (John - PKwars - PG) Written for kixxa's birthday I sort of just let it fly in a stream of consciousness kind of way trying to capture John during Peacekeeper Wars finale.
7. Eaten (John - EM - R) - I think this is one of the first fics that I really went for a visceral feel to draw the reader in. (If that's the right way to say it.) I think it started with me unsure of what I wanted to write and just closing my eyes and allowing my mind to go blank as I listened to music and I wrote out that first sentence and I just fucking loved it - the rest just flowed out. It took several days because I questioned each sentence because I really wanted to keep the same feel throughout the entire story.
I'm sure everyone and their brother has done this meme by now so if you haven't done it... consider yourself tagged.