1) Take a screencap of your desktop
To cap a desktop:
2) For PC: Press "Print Screen" (prt sc) button
For Macs: Shift+Apple+3
3) Open your graphics program-o-choice
4) Press CTRL + V or go to "edit & paste
5) Save image as a JPEG
6) Upload the screen cap to your image server.
7) Reply to this entry with A LINK TO your screencap. Along with any explanations you feel are necessary.
8) Post your cap in YOUR LJ along with these instructions
Or if you're like me and the prt sc key doesn't work like it's supposed to frelling should, you can go to download.com and get ScreenPrint32 for free.