I just talked to my mom, my grandma is back in the hospital up in Arkansas. She fell the other day apparently and broke her collarbone and hit her head. But that's not the worse part, when she fell, she punctured her eye and it's leaking and caused a blood clot in her brain. They're trying to figure out the best course to take to get rid of it. Mom's trying to figure out how to fly up there.
I haven't heard anything about my dad and if he checked himself into the hospital in Orlando for the biopsy. I haven't been able to get hold of my uncles at all. I'm guessing their phone lines are still down in that area from Frances.
And speaking of shit blowing...Ivan. It's a cat. 5 now and it's supposed to nail our asses on Monday. http://tbo.com/
Mom is freaking and to be honest, so am I. I really doubt our place will survive a cat 5 hurricane and we don't know what to do with our stuff. We're looking into getting a hotel up in the panhandle somewhere to wait it out this time. All I know is that my computer and Farscape DVDs are going with me. They're the only things I own of real value besides photos and clothing.
Kerne, what's the going rate for hotels in your neck of the woods?
I've written another 300 words on 2 Johns, I told Kerne that if I don't have it done by this weekend, she has permission to kick my ass in Burbank. *g*
But I'm in the home stretch now!